For its six hundred years history, the first Catholic church of Grodno has changed its appearance and purpose many times. It was founded by Grand Duke Vytautas in 1389.
14th – 16th centuries, wooden church. Building design is unknown. It is represented at the city’s view engraving by Tsyndt, 1568.
1587 – 1751, stone Renaissance temple of Batory (its view can be reconstructed by Makovsky image 1600, measuring drawings 1803, and drawings and photos of the middle of the 19th century),
1751 – 1782. Farny Cathedral is being reconstructed after the fire in a baroque style. The works were carried out according to 1803 measurement diagrams except the dome reconstruction. Its measurements were lost.
1807 – 1892.The church is being reconstructed in the style of classicism under the Orthodox St. Sophia Cathedral (after entering the city to the Russian Empire) Is more detailed in the project plans, and numerous drawings and photos.
1898 – 1920.Sofia Cathedral is being reconstructed after the fire in pseudo-Russian style (is more detailed in the project plans, many drawings and photos).
1936 – 196. The grandiose church is being rebuilt after the fire in a pseudo Romanesque style (is more detailed in the project plans, many drawings and photos).